- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hey all, Nick here, creator of Clash At Nightfall: Bloodlines . We’re a two-person team building an incremental vampire RPG. I’ve been working on it since December 2025, and we launched on Android and iPhone on September 1 after a two-month open beta. We’re currently seeing between 75–85 daily active players , and that number has been gradually growing. With the first month nearly behind us, I thought I’d share the game and a little about what building and running it has involved. It’s a portrait, menu-driven RPG about developing your character over time. You choose one of three base classes, build through missions, gear, and talents, hunt monsters, and battle rival vampires in asynchronous PvP, where carried resources can be stolen. Thralls produce Blood and Cash while you’re away. There's plenty of other features and more coming such as clans/clan-wars, co-operative pve etc. There’s no level cap. Totally ad-free, free to play, with optional in-game purchases. I lead development and handle the concept, design, systems, balance, playtesting and driving/reviewing all agent work. My partner handles backend infrastructure, networking, production hosting, and the iOS side of things. We use AI throughout development: ChatGPT for code review and artwork, with Codex as the coding agent. For each change, I define what should change and what needs to stay intact. Codex implements it, a separate ChatGPT reviewer checks it against those requirements, and then I playtest it myself. Screenshots, bugs, and anything that doesn’t feel right go back into the next round. And believe me, there’s been a lot of that! I have begun to streamline an update process though it has meant giving up oversight and organization in exchange for faster ad-hoc updates (this is a battle my inner control-overlord struggles with!) One thing this month has made clear is how differently systems can behave once players put time into them. Players reached some of the higher intended target rewards earlier than I expected. We rebalanced rewards and progression pacing for the game’s long-term health while compensating players who had invested significant resources in the affected systems. Alongside the updates, I’ve been working on getting the game in front of people. The advertising side could be a whole separate post lol. We’ve tried several platforms, with results ranging from a straight-up waste of money to pleasantly successful. So far, screenshots and actual gameplay footage seem to get the best response. As part of the rollout, I also created a Discord. It’s growing, with people joining to discuss the game, share builds, and help each other. After working on this for so long, I forget that not everybody knows every aspect of it, so it’s been really cool seeing people figure out mechanics together. They’ve also been direct about what frustrates them, which has helped me decide what needs attention and how to fit those fixes into my planned development cycle. We’re starting to see
- 情报分类:服务器与云资源
- 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/9/28 08:45:04
- 暂无回复