Original Summary

Hey r/SideProject , I’ve been working on wotoEAT since April and it’s finally at a point where I’m happy showing it to people. It’s built around one question: what should I cook with what I have? You set your filters (cuisine, flavour, prep time, ingredients you want in it), and it suggests one actual dish at a time. Nothing repeats within the same day. The video goes through one full loop. I ask for something Chinese and spicy with tofu, get Ma Po Tofu, open the recipe (anything already in my pantry gets marked), scan a grocery receipt to restock, then cook it from my saved recipes. At the end I switch the whole app to Chinese. Some things it does that I’m proud of: Suggestions lean on what’s in your pantry. There’s also a “pantry only” toggle that limits a dish to your pantry plus salt, pepper, oil and water, and it tells you straight up when nothing real fits Take a photo of a grocery receipt and the food goes into your pantry. It’s smart enough to know 鸡蛋 and “eggs” are the same thing, so you don’t get duplicates. Additonally, it filters for real ingredient instead of putting everything you buy so you don't have to worry about adding laundry detergent to your pantry! Allergies are hard rules. If your filters can’t be met without breaking one, you get “no match” back instead of a dish you can’t eat English and Simplified Chinese all the way through, dish names included You can try it as a guest without making an account Stack is Expo/React Native (web on Vercel), FastAPI on Railway, Supabase for data and auth, and Groq for the AI. The part that took way longer than it should have was the food photos. I started with stock photo search and kept getting the wrong dish: paneer tikka masala for chicken tikka masala, an American BBQ rack for Chinese braised ribs. I tried fixing the matching over and over until I realized stock sites just don’t have photos of a lot of these dishes. Now it uses TheMealDB when it has the exact dish and generates an image from the recipe description when it doesn’t. Also, Google kept autocorrecting “wotoEAT” to a Taiwanese clothing brand, which was a fun thing to find out after picking the name. It’s open source (MIT) if you want to look at the code or roast it. Try it: https://wotoeat.com Code: https://github.com/Kiritiop/wotoEAT I’d really like feedback on two things. What would get you to open this instead of ordering takeout? And for the AI-generated dish photos, would you want a label saying which ones are generated?   submitted by   /u/Kiritiop [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/12 04:08:06