Original Summary

Full disclosure up front: this is my app, What2Eat (UK, solo dev). The idea is simple: one spin gives one answer to "what's for dinner?", in three modes. Cook (one of 1,000+ recipes filtered by time, difficulty and diet, step-by-step with timers), Eat Out (a real place nearby by cuisine and distance via Apple Maps), or Order In (a random fast-food chain, checked live against Just Eat for your postcode). A few things I learned building it: Random isn't enough. A picker that suggests something you can't eat, or that takes 90 minutes when you've got 20, gets closed instantly. So the filters did most of the work: diets, difficulty, time available, excluded ingredients. The diet and allergen labels are best-effort and I say so in the app; I didn't want it implying a guarantee it can't give. "Nearby" has to mean deliverable/walkable. Checking takeaways against the user's postcode killed the "great, it doesn't deliver here" moment. No sign-up. I wanted it usable in the ten seconds before you give up and order the usual. The name is crowded. There are several "What2Eat" apps on the UK store, so the listing is "What2Eat: Decide What to Eat". Lesson learned about checking names early. What I'd love feedback on: would you actually use the three-mode switch, or is one mode enough? It's free on the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/what2eat-decide-what-to-eat/id6792378049   submitted by   /u/AlarmedHeron9792 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:硬件与数码
  • 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/12 02:41:41