- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
A year ago I launched Oasis, a sound app for focus and sleep with 3D audio. I built it alone. It’s now at about 10k users, which I’m proud of, but I made some mistakes along the way. Here’s what I learned. 1. Don’t release for free It feels great at first. People download it, you get nice messages. But the downsides crept up on me: 2. Marketing matters more than the product That hurt to admit as someone who loves building. But almost everything already exists in some form. You have to show people how and why to use your thing, and convince them it’s worth switching. And you have to find the one channel where your users actually are, instead of being everywhere at half effort. 3. Give users a reason to talk about you Word of mouth doesn’t happen on its own. Make sharing easy, give people a real incentive to do it, and build features that naturally lead to it. A preset someone can send to a friend is worth more than another feature nobody sees. I’m switching Oasis to a one-time purchase soon and putting a lot more into marketing, which is partly why I’m posting this. Happy to answer anything about the build, the numbers or the switch. You can check out the app on the AppStore   submitted by   /u/oasisaudiolab [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/12 01:30:57
- 暂无回复