- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hey, I'm a 19 year old student, I dont wanna for any job or as an employee for a company. I want to build myself one But, When I’m exploring "starting a business" and keep seeing “build a product, not an agency” advice. But from what I understand, product-based companies come with some brutal downsides that a lot of people gloss over: Much harder to validate early, you can spend months building something nobody wants. Way more time and money needed for marketing and distribution, many technical founders underestimate this or don’t even know where to start. Scaling is a completely different story: you need product–market fit, strong distribution, and often a lot of upfront investment before seeing real revenue. You can go a long time with zero income while iterating, unlike services where you can get paying clients quickly. For those of you who chose the product path: Why didn’t you choose to become a service-based company instead? And coming to service based ones, they are easy to generate initial revenue compared to product based business.. What specific disadvantages of product-based businesses did you accept, and what made the trade-off worth it for you? Looking for honest, experience-based answers – especially from people who’ve tried both or seriously considered the service route. I don't know what to decide product based or service based, cause proving to earn stable revenue and wealth from a business is what people generally don't believe compared to a job(that usually what ppl expect from a job- a stable life and income). I need to show them, I can do it!!   submitted by   /u/batman_im25 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/12 01:07:02
- 暂无回复