- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I love building. Maybe too much. One of the consequences is that I have a ton of projects. My Vercel account has at least 50, probably close to 100. I have Supabase projects running for apps that need databases and auth. I have a SendGrid account for email. Upstash for key-value and rate limits. Supabase Storage and Cloudflare R2 for files. And so on. And that’s when everything is managed! There are so many services you have to package together just to get something up and running. Doing it from scratch used to mean knowing everything, from provisioning servers to security to databases. Well, that used to be the case anyway. As we all know (hopefully), AI has changed the game. The threshold of capability keeps going up. People are reverse-engineering AAA games and closed-source software like Photoshop. Of course it’s not perfect, but it doesn’t need to be. It just has to solve your problem. And the gap between what these companies offer and your own vibe-coded solution gets smaller and smaller (for your use case). I was sick of paying Supabase $25 just to spin up a new database. I was sick of getting nervous as my Vercel bill crept up with more obscure charges for features I had no idea about. As much as I love these companies, they’re in a tough spot. They raised money in a pre-AI world where healthy SaaS margins were the expectation. Now they face more and more competition, margins are compressed, and they have to keep adding features to justify their prices. So I decided to take control of my software. I wanted one box with everything I need, from databases and auth to email, running my apps over HTTPS. Basically Supabase + Vercel + Resend/SendGrid. And I think I did it. I’m really excited about this project. I’m calling it ShipTiffin (because the box is a tiffin… ha ha). Each box comes with: -Apps, deployed from GitHub, the CLI or your coding agent - A database - Auth - Email - Jobs (queues and scheduled crons) - File storage - Analytics - Backups It’s “bring your own infra.” You bring a Hetzner server, and ShipTiffin configures everything so you can build as many apps as you like on the box (you can probably ship dozens without an issue). Each project gets its own database, KV, email and deployment URLs. It’s ready in about five minutes. The best part: you’ll never wake up to a crazy bill because of a bot attack or a traffic spike. You pay for your server, plus a flat fee to ShipTiffin if you want it managed. The same setup bought separately runs about $130 a month; on ShipTiffin it’s $19 plus about $10 for the server. And frankly, for most apps that’s more than enough. I even found my apps to be faster than on Vercel, depending on the region. Why Hetzner? Simply because it has the best price-performance you can get. The egress bandwidth is super generous too (20 TB a month in Europe). You can go crazy with apps and services (a web app here, an agent scheduler there, a database backend) without sweating. To be clear, I'm not claiming I c
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/12 00:31:53
- 暂无回复