- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I'm currently serving overseas, and one thing I've noticed is how easy it can be to end up feeling isolated, even when you're surrounded by thousands of other people. You arrive somewhere unfamiliar and don't necessarily know what there is to do, where to go or not go, and who to go with. Sometimes it feels like it's easier to stay in your room than figure it out. Sure eventually you meet some people from your shop, maybe someone from bootcamp or the schoolhouse, but you know that you also should try expanding your circle cause in the military, it's not always about what you know, it's also about who you know. That idea got me thinking. I began developing the concept for an application called ONLIBO - Discover. Connect. Return. The idea is to create a platform where service members, particularly those stationed overseas, can discover local activities, connect with each other (including other branches of service) through shared interests, organize outings and activities, and coordinate voluntary check-ins with friends. I'm not claiming to have invented social networking, event discovery, or location-sharing technology. That heavy lifting has already been done. I'm interest in whether bringing certain features together around this specific community would actually solve a meaningful problem in the military. In the U.S. adults aged 21-25 are reported to have the highest level of alcohol related incidents. Uncoincidentally, in the military, members 18-25 from ranks of E1-E3 also have the highest level of incidents. Just because they join the military doesn't mean they aren't young, inexperienced, and prone to make poor choices. While this app won't completely absolve all issues, I genuinely think it will help improve the issue, build good morale and community, and allow service members to get out and do something meaningful rather than drink and bedrot in the barracks. I'm still in the concept and validations stage. This isn't a functioning application YET, and I'm not selling anything or asking for money, however, and support whether it be feedback, suggestions, or financial support early on would be wholly appreciated and welcomed. Before I invest further in development, I want to hear from people who've experienced military life, remote assignments, or moving somewhere without an established social circle. A few things I'd love your perspective on: When you first arrived at a new assignment, what was the hardest part about finding things to do or meeting people outside of work? How did you actually discover events, activities, or groups? Was there something that you wish existed? Would a dedicated platform provide something useful beyond existing apps and group chats, or would it just be another app nobody needs? If so, what would be a useful app or feature that you would genuinely engage with? Feel free to tear the idea apart. I'd rather discover a flaw now than build somethi
- 情报分类:服务器与云资源
- 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/11 23:29:50
- 暂无回复