Original Summary

I was driving, listening to European Hit Radio, the host hyping up the top 20, and thought, hmm, this is basically the same script every day. Could this be AI? I have some experience in voice AI, so I had the parts lying around. A few hours and several slop sessions later: Canarics Radio.<p>It ended up talk only news instead of music (for now, maybe AI music next?). Why - music royalties are the actual expensive part of radio. Two AI hosts discuss the day’s headlines in Latvian and English, 24&#x2F;7. They know they’re AI and joke about it on air.<p>It’s cheap: about 1 euro a day per station in model calls. Not a lot of code either, about 400 lines of dependency free Node plus ffmpeg, but who reads code anymore, right? There is no streaming server: episodes are rendered to HLS chunks in a bucket, and the &quot;live&quot; playlist is a pure function of the wall clock. A stateless endpoint computes what’s playing &quot;now&quot;, every listener hears the same thing, and if generation fails the wheel just loops. Silence is impossible.<p>The silly part: leave your phone number on the page and my voice agent calls you back, takes your question, and the hosts answer it in the next episode (Europe, US, CA, AU, NZ numbers).<p>Happy to answer questions about my music taste. Though as you already know I listen to EHR pop, the answer is: none.


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/11 21:10:08