- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
The post is corrected by Grammarly :) I've been a software developer for 15 years decided to do my favorite tool. I'm from the 80s — the era of green mainframes and Winamp visualizations. First thank you for founders who reading my post and i need feedback from everyone . About how I built it: 15 years as a developer. 60% AI-assisted (vibe coding) LLM, 40% my own code flutter. Testing, UX review, product documentation and final decisions done by me. I'd rather be upfront about that than pretend otherwise. AI help me a lot especially reduce the error and testing. Here's what I noticed: Everyone builds for the newest phone. The fastest chip. The latest OS. Meanwhile, there are millions of perfectly working Androids 8.0 above sitting in drawers. Too slow for modern social media. Too old for the latest games. But they still have GPS, Bluetooth, and batteries that work fine and no wifi/no data/airplane mode. I think there's a market here that nobody is serving. Not for new phones — for giving old ones a second life. So I built Orbitika (3 months). It's a lightweight, fully offline toolbox designed to run on older hardware. It supports Android 8.0 and above — which covers phones from 2017 onward. If your old phone still turns on, there's a good chance it can run this. Everything works with no WiFi, no data, no signal. You can take the phone you already have, strip away the bloat, and turn it into something useful again — a dedicated music player, a GPS device, an emergency kit, or just a reliable tool you can count on when your main phone dies. What's inside: 📍 Mark My Location — save trailheads, hiking, campsites, hotel entrances, concert spots. GPS only, no signal needed. 🎵 Retro Music Player — MP3 and FLAC, 13 -style visualizations, 7 retro themes color. No ads, no internet. I use it handsfree while driving, on trains, and on planes. I stick my old phone on my handfrees dashboard and play the songs 🚨 Emergency Toolkit — First Aid, SOS flasher, SOS light, emergency numbers, survival guide, SMS location, emergency translator in 14 languages. I live in country - earthquake high risk and this main reason the tool is there 🛠️ 50+ Tools — The "You Might Not Need It Today" Section Some of these seem silly. Until the day, they're not. SIZE CHART — shopping online, no idea what size you wear in EU vs. US - shoes and clothing DISCOUNT CALCULATOR — is the sale price actually a good deal? TAKEAWAY IDEAS — nobody can decide what to eat TIMEZONE CONVERTER — you need to call someone overseas and travel NOODLE TIMER — cooking instant noodles, want them perfect DATE DIFF — how many days until a deadline or trip REMINDER — track birthdays, anniversaries, and trips with a countdown days Plus: star map, ruler & level, sketch pad, score board, lucky numbers, horoscope, device finder, decision maker, music charts, and classic games like Snake, Sudoku, and Dino Runner. The philosophy: The moment you need a tool most is
- 情报分类:服务器与云资源
- 分类依据:内容涉及服务器、云资源或网络线路
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/11 05:22:40
- 暂无回复