I drove past streets named after strangers every day, so I built an app that tells me who they were
- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
I'm a solo dev from Serbia. One day I realized I drive past dozens of streets named after people I know nothing about. Poets, rebels, scientists, battles. Who were they, and why did they get a street? So I built hisTOURy. You press play, put your phone away, and it narrates the story behind each street name as you pass it, walking or driving. No route to follow, nothing to tap. It feels like a history podcast where your route picks the episodes. Some numbers: - 250,000+ bite-sized street stories across most of Europe - iOS + Android - Free tier: 8 stories a day - Built with Flutter + Spring Boot, with AI narration running on my own server It just launched on Product Hunt today: https://www.producthunt.com/products/histoury-street-history-audio-tours I'm adding countries based on demand, so tell me which one should be next. Happy to answer anything about the build, especially generating and narrating that many stories on a solo budget.   submitted by   /u/Professional_Exit536 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/11 05:09:06
- 暂无回复