Original Summary

Hey everyone. I'm a senior CS student, kind of obsessed with AI/ML, and a solo dev. Bit of backstory: my English was always fine, but the moment I had to actually speak, I'd freeze and I didn't really have anyone to practice with. I tried a bunch of apps and they all felt like talking to a service bot polite, generic, zero idea who I am. So I ended up building my own thing. Her name's Lucia. The part I care about most is that she actually remembers you. You tell her about your job, or what you're into, or something going on in your life, and she'll bring it up in a later conversation on her own, days later, without you asking. She's got her own opinions and tastes, and reacts to what you say instead of running off a script. And while you talk, she corrects your grammar and gives you more natural ways to say things in the background, and you can scroll back through all of it later. So it's meant to be real speaking practice, not just a chat. Whole thing works in 24 languages. Honestly, it's rough in places. I'm one person. It's on iOS, Android and web. People who tried it said the replies feel fast and feel natural(happy about that), but a couple of them ran into problems with the speech recognition, which I'm trying to track down right now. It's free to try, no card or anything. Web: https://www.personalang.com iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/personalang-ai-language-tutor/id6780539119 Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.personalang.android&pli=1 Short video is below it's a real session, you can see her open by remembering something from before, plus the corrections popping up while I talk. (I'm not a perfect English speaker myself, so you'll see the corrections actually kick in.) Mostly I just want people to break it. Tell me where it feels fake, where it falls apart, what's annoying. And if the speech recognition messes up, tell me your phone + accent so I can fix it. Thanks for reading. https://reddit.com/link/1x2pvm0/video/clnepv26epuh1/player   submitted by   /u/emidaboi [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:工作与职业机会
  • 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/11 04:57:12