Original Summary

I built a Mac app that makes your flat keyboard sound like a mechanical one. I started building it last month, launched it recently, and 60+ people have paid for it so far. It's $4.99 once. No subscription. I picked that because it's a small utility. You set it up once and it just runs. I wouldn't pay monthly for that myself, so I didn't ask anyone else to. It goes up to $6.99 after the first 100 buyers. Here's what I didn't think about. With one-time sales, every month starts at zero. The launch looks great, and then I have to find new buyers just to stay where I am. Reading this sub made that very clear. A few things from the first weeks that might help someone. 1. My worst bug was on the page after payment. On launch night the thank-you page pointed at an old build that macOS blocked. A buyer hit the error and told me in a public comment. I fixed it right away. I had tested the app a lot, but I never checked that page myself. 2. An abandoned checkout isn't a lost sale. A buyer from Indonesia tried to pay three times and it didn't go through. I emailed them, sent a small discount code, and they bought. This week I emailed four more people who left at checkout. 3. People compare before they pay, even at $4.99. One buyer yesterday started checkout, left, read my comparison pages against two other apps, tried the sound demo again and paid about 16 minutes later. 4. A demo they can try on the site does the work of a trial. You can hear every sound in the browser before buying, so I removed the free trial. My question for people here: If you started with a one-time price, did you ever move to recurring? What did you add that people were happy to pay monthly for? kiiwi.app if you want to hear it. Thanks for reading.   submitted by   /u/iniyanai [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/11 05:16:24