Original Summary

I&#x27;m trying to recover my Google account. I know the password, but unfortunately I&#x27;ve lost access to the phone number where Google keeps trying to send the verification code. It used to just ask me to fill in the missing digits of the number.<p>I still have access to Gmail through a third-party Android email app, where I can send and receive emails normally, but I can&#x27;t sign in to my Google account anywhere else. The account is old, I never set up a recovery email and I haven&#x27;t used it outside the email app for a long time. I&#x27;ve tried various devices, networks, and VPN combinations without success.<p>Google&#x27;s own recovery help says:<p>&quot;Tip: We may send a verification code to the email address on the account you&#x27;re trying to recover. This way, you can get the verification code if you have access to your Gmail inbox through a third-party email client or email forwarding.&quot;<p>But I&#x27;ve never been offered this option.<p>After multiple recovery attempts, I eventually got to a step asking for an alternative email address. I provided one and verified the code Google sent, but the final screen told me to reply to my Google support contact. I don&#x27;t have one.<p>I found this HN thread where a Google employee (luka) helped someone in almost the exact same situation:<p>https:&#x2F;&#x2F;news.ycombinator.com&#x2F;item?id=49744286<p>Unfortunately, I can no longer reply to that thread.<p>Does anyone know how to get a similar escalation or another way to recover access?


  • 情报分类:综合情报
  • 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/11 04:46:40