- SignalDesk54分钟前
Original Summary
I work in polymer material science, with a background in fracture mechanics. A lot of my work involves experimental data, and after moving from university into industry, I started questioning how much specialist plotting software costs—especially when you only need it occasionally. That’s what got me started on ScienceTabz. I wanted something affordable that’s easy to get into, but still has enough depth for the analysis I do myself. I’ve included a three-minute video showing how it works. It’s a desktop app for Windows and Linux, with 20 plot types currently supported. These range from line and scatter plots to grouped bars, box plots, heatmaps and 3D surfaces. You can import spreadsheets and text files, then customise axes, labels, legends, markers and error bars. One tool I particularly wanted to include is the Figure Composer. It lets you arrange multiple plots on a page and add text, images, arrows and shapes to build a complete figure for a paper, report or presentation. The plot stylings stays connected, so changes carry through without having to assemble everything again. You can export the finished figure as PDF or an image file format. There are plenty of analysis tools available: custom curve fitting, overlapping peak analysis, FFT, filtering, smoothing, integration and differentiation. There’s also optional AI assistance for applying plotting changes and analysis steps, which you review before running. Your data stays local, only your prompt is sent to the AI provider. I’m considering macOS support too, so let me know if that’s something you’d use. The part I’m finding difficult to judge now is how intuitive it is for someone who hasn’t built it. I know where everything is, which makes me a pretty poor test user at this point. If you work with data, I’d appreciate you trying one task you’d normally do in Excel, Origin, Python or another tool. Where do you get stuck? What takes too many clicks? Is there something you expected to find that isn’t there? You can find it here: https://sciencetabz.com To be upfront, it’s a commercial project. There’s a free 14-day trial with no payment details required, and I’ll extend it for anyone who sends me specific feedback, including bugs or things they don’t like. No formal review needed—just telling me what you tried and what happened is useful. I’m particularly curious whether occasional users find it approachable. That was a big reason for building it, and it’s something a feature list can’t really tell me.   submitted by   /u/Gabzn95 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/11 03:13:05
- 暂无回复