- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hi HN,<p>I built AntiPDF, a native PDF reader AND editor for Windows (coming to Linux and MacOS). I built it because I got tired of getting ads and all those Acrobatics.<p>AntiPDF can read, edit, annotate, OCR and organize PDFs while keeping your documents on your computer. It's written completely in Odin and rendered with Vulkan using MSDF fonts for those lovely smooth fonts.<p>Any action in the program that took longer than 20ms was questioned and rewritten. The "Anti" isn't about PDFs. It's to highlight and be against an industry of capitalistic habits that users have learned to tolerate. The program has a paying part but that is because I have to pay for storage if you choose that option. For reading and "Editing" PDFs you don't need to pay. And you will never see ads just because you accidentally clicked a button.<p>Happy to answer questions about the implementation, PDF internals, Odin, Vulkan, or the product itself.
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/10/10 19:56:11
- 暂无回复