Original Summary

I'm Tamil, a solo builder from Bangalore. My MacBook keyboard always felt flat to me, so on Sep 4 I started building Kiiwi with Claude Code. It plays a real switch recording every time you press a key. 30+ switches to pick from (Cherry MX Blue, Topre, IBM Model M and more), plus mouse clicks and scroll ticks. It lives in the menu bar and you can try every sound on the website before you buy. A few things from the first weeks. The worst bug was mine. The thank-you page pointed at an old dev build that macOS blocked, so buyers that night got a download that wouldn't open. A customer hit the Gatekeeper error on launch and commented on my launch post. I fixed it right away, and now the page always points to the latest notarized build. The buyers shaped the app more than my plan did. People asked for quieter mouse clicks, so mouse and scroll got their own volume sliders. Trackpad taps used to play a click too, so they're silent now. Headphones-only mode is next because a buyer who works in an office asked for it. One bug took me two wrong fixes. I noticed it while typing in the terminal. Mouse clicks got louder or quieter whenever the key volume changed. I only found the real cause after I logged every key and click event on my Mac. Some numbers. 65 licences sold, $4.99 one-time for the first 100, then it goes to $6.99. It's waiting on Mac App Store review now, and this week it showed up at #5 on TrustMRR's fastest growing startups. Happy to answer anything about building it, the pricing or the sound engine. https://kiiwi.app   submitted by   /u/iniyanai [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:硬件与数码
  • 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/10 19:18:13