Original Summary

I wanted an AI that was actually mine. One that didn't need an internet connection, didn't send my conversations to someone else's servers, and didn't charge me every time I wanted to use it. I couldn't find one for iPhone that did everything I wanted, so I built Anvil . It's an AI assistant that runs entirely on your iPhone. The models actually run on your device, not in the cloud. Here's what it can do: Chat: A 2B parameter language model running locally, with unlimited messages. Image generation: Generate as many images as you want, directly on your iPhone using the Neural Engine. Voice: Talk to your AI completely offline. Vision: Ask questions about photos, translate signs, and understand images. Notes & tasks: Organize things without sending your data to the cloud. Everything works in airplane mode. No accounts, no telemetry, no message limits, and no cloud processing. Your conversations and generated images stay on your device. There are tradeoffs, of course. A 2B model isn't going to compete with GPT-6 or Claude on complex reasoning. The initial model download is several GB, and you'll need an iPhone 15 Pro or newer. But for everyday questions, brainstorming, writing, and image generation, I think there's something really compelling about having an AI that's always available and completely private. There are no server-side filters or usage quotas. You're running the models on your own hardware. I think this is where AI is heading, especially as small language models (SLMs) keep getting better. It's exciting to think about what we'll be able to run on our phones in just a few years. I'm opening up the beta, and testers get Pro for free! TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/zvQDpvXs Website: https://anvilai.com I've been working on this for the past month, and I'd genuinely appreciate some honest feedback. Would you actually use a smaller AI model if it meant everything stayed private and worked offline? Or is model intelligence more important to you? Also, if any of you are building side projects and need testers, drop them below! I'd be happy to try yours and return the favor. Cheers!   submitted by   /u/nathanchengx [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:硬件与数码
  • 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/10 17:12:05