- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
Every time I travel, the same thing happens: I pick the highest-rated restaurant nearby, sit down, open the menu… and have no idea what to order from the 60-dish menu. A 4.5★ rating is an average of everything on the menu. It doesn't tell you which dish is the one worth coming for. So I ask the waiter, who usually recommends whatever has the best margin. It's unfair on the restaurant side too. A place can make the best pasta in town, but if its other dishes are average, the overall rating buries it. So I built VotedMenu: ratings for every dish, not just the restaurant. What it does https://reddit.com/link/1x29wz7/video/8dkqjpc8nluh1/player - 🗺️ A map of restaurants where every dish has its own rating, photos, and notes - 🔍 Search by dish ("best shawarma near me") or by restaurant/area - 🥗 Dietary filter (halal, vegetarian, vegan, allergen-free): places with a matching dish move to the top - 🪙 Coins for honest reviews (the same for 1★ or 5★), redeemable at restaurants later - 📱 Restaurants get a free live QR menu that shows off their top-rated dishes, so the menu becomes marketing, not just a price list - 🤖 There's an API/MCP endpoint, so Claude or ChatGPT can answer "where's the best biryani near me" with dish-level data It's a mobile-first web app: no install, and you can add it to your home screen. How it's built (for the curious) Next.js on Cloudflare Workers, Postgres on Neon, and OpenStreetMap for places, so there's no Google Maps bill. Places load from our own database first, then OpenStreetMap results fill in. Solo project, built over the last few months. Where it's at Just launched, so most dishes don't have ratings yet. That's the cold-start problem I'm trying to crack, partly through the QR menus restaurants put on their tables. I'd love honest feedback on: Would you actually check dish ratings before ordering, or is the overall rating "good enough"? What would make you leave a rating after a meal? Anything confusing on first open? Try it: https://votedmenu.com (no sign-up needed to browse) Thanks for reading. Happy to answer anything about the build!   submitted by   /u/TasnimAnas [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:硬件与数码
- 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/10 16:19:59
- 暂无回复