- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Hi r/SideProject , While handling enterprise software maintenance, I frequently had to send patch and build files to external clients. Gmail’s 25MB attachment limit was always a headache. Normally, Gmail forces large files into Google Drive links. But for our clients with strict corporate firewalls, this was a pain: Many couldn't log into personal Google accounts on work PCs I kept getting flooded with "Request access" emails Managing shared Drive links felt messy and posed security concerns So over the weekend, I built Gudaeme — a lightweight Chrome extension that lets you send large attachments right from the Gmail compose window without dealing with Google Drive permissions. What it does: Drag & drop up to 2GB directly in the Gmail compose window. No Google login required : Recipients can download files via a clean card in the email without logging in or installing anything. Auto-expires in 7 days : Files are permanently deleted after a week for clean housekeeping. First-download tracking : You get notified if the recipient has actually downloaded the file. Client-side encryption : Optional password protection encrypts files in your browser before upload. Smart fallback : Standard files under 25MB remain regular Gmail attachments. It is completely free to use. I left the web store and demo link in the first comment below to keep the post clean. I'd love to get your feedback on the UX, security features, or any edge cases you'd like to see covered!   submitted by   /u/Due_Estimate_6530 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/10 13:23:14
- 暂无回复