- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I'm building Tinyo , a mobile app inspired by my own attempts to quit smoking. I struggled with nicotine addiction and tried to quit many times. Around that time, I adopted a stray orange cat. One day, after I smoked, it jumped onto my lap and purred. He didn't nag me. He didn't seem disappointed. He just stayed with me. It made me wonder: What if a quit-smoking app felt a little more like that? A lot of habit trackers focus on streaks. That can be motivating, but when you slip up and the counter goes back to zero, it can feel like all your previous effort has been erased. But it hasn't. The cigarettes you didn't smoke, the money you saved, and the difficult moments you got through still count. That's the idea I'm exploring with Tinyo. Here are three things I'm trying to do differently: Keep progress meaningful. A slip-up doesn't erase your previous progress or reset your relationship with the app's companion. Offer help when a craving hits. Instead of just logging what happened, Tinyo includes small tools like breathing exercises, a five-minute pause, and ways to ride out or record an urge. Give you a companion, not another source of pressure. There's a little orange cat that grows alongside you. It never loses affection because you slip up. Although my own experience is with smoking, Tinyo is also being designed for other habits. I'm still building it, and it hasn't been released yet. I don't think an app can solve addiction on its own. I'm exploring whether a more supportive way to track progress and handle cravings can make the process feel a little more manageable. I'd genuinely appreciate feedback from people who've tried to quit smoking: When you slip up, does seeing your streak reset to zero discourage you? And what would you actually want an app to do in the moment a craving hits? I'm interested in hearing what people think, including what might not work about this approach. Thanks for reading!   submitted by   /u/Plasticpunk0229 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/10 07:09:50
- 暂无回复