- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Side project I’ve been building alongside my day job as an Android engineer. Vantage Point lets you bury a capsule at a real location, lock it to an object you scan, and optionally seal it for years. You only get it back by going there. Quick demo: https://youtu.be/6qemagwybeE?si=ILD24zQxDDCvmcge A few things I learned building it: A countdown on the phone is useless. A reinstall wipes it. The time lock had to be enforced on the server. I skipped Play Services geofencing and wrote my own proximity check that only runs while the app is open, so there’s no background location permission at all. Object matching was harder than expected. “Close enough” felt cheap, so I built a scoring model that only unlocks when it’s properly confident. It’s live on Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.akshit.vantagepoint Would love honest feedback on the onboarding and whether the concept clicks.   submitted by   /u/wubbalubba6302 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/10 01:31:38
- 暂无回复