- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
About 10 years ago, I attended a presentation by someone who had compiled existing engineering reports to describe the impact of a major earthquake on infrastructure in British Columbia. It was really striking, and it has stayed in the back of my mind ever since.<p>I am now the point of contact for downtown Vancouver in the French community's emergency network, and it drives me nuts that most people I talk to have no emergency kit at home and basically no water.<p>People are shocked, or in denial, when I mention that it could take weeks to restore electricity and that they will have to rely on their own food and water for at least several days.<p>So I decided to build a public-facing site that compiles existing information, as a way to lay out the facts and help convince people, instead of hearing back that "the army will come" or that "there are emergency food reserves" (there aren't).<p>I see this as a citizen initiative, with one main message: go buy some water and canned food, it's your civic duty.<p>I relied on AI agents to compile the information, which is spread across hundreds of reports. With different levels of validation, plus my own review, I am confident the information is reliable, even if some details may not be fully up to date. The process took 2–3 weeks, alongside work, a toddler and a baby!<p>I'm posting it here because: 1) I'm curious to get feedback and suggestions. 2) Many HN readers are on the West Coast or in other seismic areas, so even if you're not in Vancouver, the general recommendations may be of interest. Be smart: buy some food and water.<p>Cheers<p>Thomas
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/10/9 15:30:14
- 暂无回复