- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I kept downloading budget apps and bouncing off the same wall: create an account, start a trial, connect your bank, let us read your notifications. I just wanted to know how much is left before payday. Literally. So I built Leftover. It’s one HTML file. No framework, no build step, no dependencies, no backend. Everything lives in localStorage, so there’s no account to make and nothing to sync. It works offline. What it actually does: You put in what comes in and what goes out. One big number tells you what’s left at the end of the month. Recurring bills deduct themselves on the day they’re due. Every category is ranked by how much of your income it eats. Spent in another currency? It converts at the mid-market rate, and you can add your bank’s foreign transaction fee so the number is what you’ll actually be charged. 15 languages, because that cost me an afternoon and opens it up to a lot more people. The Android app is a TWA, it’s literally the website in a wrapper, which means I can fix a bug by redeploying a static file and everyone has it in seconds, no store review. The tradeoff was a full day lost to Digital Asset Links ( my assetlinks.json had the upload key fingerprint instead of Play’s app signing key. Samsung Internet doesn’t enforce verification, Chrome does, so it looked perfectly fine until it extremely didn’t) It’s free. Dark mode is a one off $5 tip, and that’s the whole business model, no ads, no subscription, nothing sold. Published about a week ago. 10+ downloads, most of them me reinstalling it. Marketing is clearly the part I have yet to do. Would genuinely like to know what makes you abandon a budget app, because I’m sure I’ve rebuilt at least one of those reasons without noticing. GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=leftover.app.budget&hl=en   submitted by   /u/nickeyxxx [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/9 07:53:09
- 暂无回复