Original Summary

Hey everyone! I've been working on AppScann, a small SaaS for keeping track of what's installed on your computers and servers. It's finally at the point where I'm comfortable showing it to people. The idea is very simple: you install an agent, it collects inventory, and you see everything in one dashboard. What it does right now: Windows and Linux agents (a Windows Service and a systemd service) OS and hardware info, plus disks with capacity and free space Installed software with version, publisher, install path and install date. On Windows that comes from the Registry and WMI, on Linux from dpkg, rpm, pacman, Snap and Flatpak Detailed reports with history, so you can see what was installed, removed or updated between scans Alerts for storage and stale reports Live online/offline status for every device Remote scan, restart and uninstall of agents A notification as soon as a scan or remote command finishes Software gets sorted into categories by AI 2 agents are free, extra slots are $1.99/month. The idea came from a commercial project I worked on a while ago. It was in a similar space, but development was painfully slow, and I kept thinking that something like this didn't have to be that complicated. At some point I thought: what if I just built my own version? So I did. It started as my university thesis project, and I kept working on it until it turned into a product. And yes, AI was involved ;) I used it for parts of the frontend. I'm a full-stack developer, but I still struggle with centering a div, let alone making everything look good. The architecture and the backend are my own mess. It's brand new, so right now I'm mostly after feedback: Would you use something like this? What information would you want the agent to collect? What features are missing? Does this approach make sense for managing a small number of machines? If something is confusing or broken when you try it, please tell me. https://appscann.com Full disclosure: I'm the person behind AppScann, and I'd love to hear your feedback!   submitted by   /u/Maxwell_Mohr_69 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/9 07:19:56