Original Summary

Hey everyone, I'm the solo dev behind YourMeal, a calorie tracker for iOS and Android. After about a year of building it, it has passed 1,000 downloads with a 4.7 rating, so I wanted to share a few lessons: AI alone isn't reliable enough. Photo estimates are fast, but portion sizes are tricky. Adding a barcode scanner and a food database (3M+ products) made the app feel much more trustworthy. Less UI is more. Users kept telling me they quit other trackers because of clutter. Pricing is hard. I went with a low subscription (3.99 €/month) instead of the usual ~10 €. Still not sure if that's the right call. I'm still figuring out marketing as a solo dev. How do you get your first few thousand users without a big budget? Any feedback on the app itself is also very welcome. For more info and for download links, check out my page. kometo.de/yourmeal   submitted by   /u/Adventurous-Gift3370 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/8 15:49:14