- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
When you shop abroad, even a simple shelf price can turn into a little calculation: what is that in my home currency, and is the number on the label the selling price or a unit price? I built PriceBuddy as an Android side project to make that decision quicker. The app reads prices through the camera and shows a conversion using saved exchange rates. It also has a manual converter for labels the camera cannot read, plus a history of scanned prices. The conversion uses the latest saved rate rather than waiting on a network request, because a shop with poor reception is exactly where I would want it to keep working. One design challenge was avoiding confident mistakes. Shelf labels can show both a price you pay and a price per unit, and symbols such as $ or kr do not always identify a currency. The scanner tries to distinguish the selling price, while ambiguous symbols fall back to the currency the user selected. Holding the camera on the same label should count as one scan, not a new scan on every frame. PriceBuddy is now on Google Play: [ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.syntaxflow.pricebuddy\](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dev.syntaxflow.pricebuddy) I'm the developer. It is free with ads and a limited number of scans; there is an optional one-time Pro purchase. I would value focused usability feedback: when shopping in another country, would you prefer a live camera conversion, or a tap-to-confirm result before it is saved?   submitted by   /u/tomasv93 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:综合情报
- 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/8 15:15:09
- 暂无回复