Original Summary

https://reddit.com/link/1x07boe/video/ahl2lutms3uh1/player There’s basically two groups of people getting humbled on LinkedIn right now: People with CS degrees sending 400 applications into workday black holes getting ghosted while their parents ask about a job every sunday, and the "your network is your net worth" larpers who collect 2,000 connections like pokemon cards but still can't get an intro to save their life. I know because I spent the last few months doing the exact same thing. Adding people, applying cold, sending messages that get left on read, wondering why nothing works. I suck at cold outreach. Every time I hit send on a cold message I felt like an annoying bot shouting into a void. So I made Sixgree.com Basically it runs 100% locally on your computer using sqlite. It takes your connections and lays out your 1st and 2nd degree network in an interactive galaxy so you can see who your friends actually know. You type in a company or role and it traces the shortest warm path through mutual friends to someone there, and points out the "catalysts" in your circle who connect to the most rooms. I ran the first real test on my own network last week and honestly felt so stupid. I spent weeks cold-applying to companies like Stripe. When the graph loaded, it flagged that an old college TA and an ex-coworker I haven't talked to in two years are literally connected directly to an engineering director and two hiring managers there. I was one text away from a warm handoff and I had been sending blind resumes into the ats void like a dumbass. Turns out collecting connections is useless if you have no clue who they know. My form was terrible the whole time. I made it completely free and open source. No cloud tracking, no subscriptions, no accounts. It just runs locally on your mac or linux machine. If you don't even want to touch your real account, there's an invented 150-person sample network baked into it so you can just mess with the physics and pathfinding. It’s pretty new and I’ve mostly just tested it on my own circle, so I'm sure there are bugs and weird edge cases on yours. If you want to try it or roast my code, links below: web: https://sixgree.com github: https://github.com/blakeb056/six-degrees   submitted by   /u/Shotgunner56 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:工作与职业机会
  • 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/8 04:27:42