Original Summary

English isn't my first language. For years most of what I watched, read and worked with was in English, and I kept hitting the same wall: a line in a show or a sentence in an article that I almost understood. Pausing, copying it into a translator and losing the scene got old fast. So I built myself a small tool. It slowly grew into Subturtle, and I've used it every day for a few years. Some friends started asking for it, so I've cleaned it up to share. What it does: On YouTube and Netflix, hover a subtitle line and see it in your language. On any other page, select text. It keeps idioms whole ("on the fence" isn't about fences), and it spells pronunciation in your own alphabet. It works in 110 languages. Save a phrase and it keeps the sentence you found it in. A web dashboard brings it back for review later, and you can practice saying it out loud with an AI voice coach. It only reads the text you hover or select, and you can turn it off per site. It's free to start: https://subturtle.app We launched on Product Hunt today - link I'd love feedback since it's progressive, here or there. What's confusing, what's missing, or where it breaks for you? I read and reply to every comment. Made with love for all language learners   submitted by   /u/Senior_Bluebird_8965 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/7 23:38:48