Original Summary
Hi HN,<p>I wanted to share a 10-DOF bipedal robot with open CAD files that I built. In my opinion, it is a nice platform for studying robotics. The machine can walk, sit, stand up after falls, kick, turn, and so on. Many of its movements were completely unexpected discoveries for me.<p>Some specs: 8 LX-16A servos, 2 free joints, a Raspberry Pi or Arduino SoC. What was hard about the build? The 8-servo limitation and initial gait implementations.<p>CAD: all custom-designed STEP+STL parts: <a href="https://grabcad.com/library/nix-robot-1" rel="nofollow">https://grabcad.com/library/nix-robot-1</a><p>Code: I created an open-source Arduino library specifically for the LX-16A servos: <a href="https://docs.arduino.cc/libraries/lx16a-bus/" rel="nofollow">https://docs.arduino.cc/libraries/lx16a-bus/</a> The core libraries are open, but gait sequences are detailed in my book (more on that below).<p>Demo with all moves developed so far: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30iI4bZyvg" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30iI4bZyvg</a><p>Later on, I published a book for folks who want an absolutely precise guide on building it: <a href="https://nixrobot.pages.dev" rel="nofollow">https://nixrobot.pages.dev</a><p>Happy to answer your questions!
- 情报分类:综合情报
- 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/10/7 23:01:16
- 暂无回复