Original Summary

When I started building in the group card space, I figured the math would do the selling. The incumbent charges $19.99 for a card with 120 signers. My product does the same thing for $7.99. That's a 60% difference on a straightforward comparison page. Easy win, right?!! Nope lol. Here's what I keep running into: The incumbent has massive social proof numbers on their homepage. Millions of signers, trusted by millions. My product has zero testimonials, zero logos, zero usage metrics, and an about page that 404s. I'm not hiding anything, I just don't have those things yet because I launched recently and just getting going. But the buyer doesn't care about my timeline. What they see is a tool with massive social proof and a tool with none. The cheaper price doesn't offset the risk of looking like they cheaped out on a colleague's goodbye. The lesson I keep learning the hard way: trust is the thing you can't fake with a lower price. A budget-conscious buyer might pause mid-comparison and appreciate the savings, but pausing isn't switching. They need a name behind the product, a review from someone like them, some signal that other people have used it and it didn't blow up. So now I'm working on the stuff I should have prioritized from day one: real testimonials from actual users, a face on the about page, a few team logos. The pricing gap was the easy part to engineer. The trust gap is the actual product work. Anyone else hit this wall where the product is objectively better on paper but the incumbent's social proof keeps winning the deal?   submitted by   /u/falc0neye [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:综合情报
  • 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/7 22:51:17