Original Summary

I've been trying to build an online business since almost a year now without success. Throughout this time I have launched 5 projects which made a grand total of $5. My advice is limited since I haven't actually hit a win which I can compare to but in hindsight there are a few things I would have done differently. Mistake 1: Spending too much time on preparing the launch and relying on channels like Product Hunt. For my first project I completely planned out on how I wanted to launch it without any soft launch or validation. I spent few weeks on trying to figure out the optimal time to launch. I added a banner on my landing page which links to Product Hunt, I created drafts of Reddit posts, I watched videos on how to do the perfect launch. In the end it really didn't matter since my product was not that great. I would have figured this out without wasting any time if my focus would have been on actually validating the idea instead of preparing a perfect launch. Sure I did get a spike in visitors but that's all that it was. Mistake 2: Not understanding Reddit. This project was more of a side thing but I did try to monetize it. To my surprise it took off on Reddit. I hit top 5 in a handful of Subreddits. I got excited and started posting to all kinds of subreddits. Including subreddits that didn't fit. This led to a few post removals and even some bans. I think after some time Reddits own systems got notice of this and I got shadow banned. All the viral posts gone. Mistake 3: Not having a marketing strategy before launching the product. I would consider building the project itself was well executed. I built a lean MVP and didn't invest too much time without validating. Also this is was more of a learning project to get a better grip on Stripe. After it went live I feel like the work was done. In reality the hard part was still ahead of me and only now did I confront myself on how to actually get traffic. I hope this helps and feel free to share your own mistakes so we can learn from each other.   submitted by   /u/freedomchaserr [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/7 18:23:47