- SignalDesk58分钟前
Original Summary
Lately I've been spinning up way more uni projects and random test projects than I used to (a part of which has to do with the ease which AI enables us to do so). The problem is that after a bit of time, I completely forget half of these projects even exist. A few weeks ago my 512 GB laptop started screaming for space. I realized that dozens of abandoned virtualenvs, node modules, build folders, and caches were just sitting on my drive untouched for months. Tools like npkill are great, but they only target Node, and blind cleanup scripts scared me because I didn't want to accidentally nuke a repo where I had uncommitted changes or unpushed work. I wanted something fast that could scan everything across different languages, so I decided to build degunk (and used it as an excuse to learn Rust too, so this is actually my first Rust project). What it does: - Scans your drives for project build artifacts (node modules, .venv, and around 25 other ecosystems) plus global tool caches - Shows you how many days have passed since your last Git commit to that repo, so you can easily spot and delete folders you haven't touched in 3 to 6 months - Checks Git status first (flags unpushed commits) and verifies lockfiles so you know it's safe to delete I'm not sure if there's already an existing tool that does this exact workflow, but building it taught me a lot and it cleared around 60 GB off my drive right away. GitHub: https://github.com/AbdullahHassan192/degunk Would love any thoughts on the UI or ideas on other caches to add!   submitted by   /u/ohJupider [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:硬件与数码
- 分类依据:内容涉及硬件、数码产品或通信卡
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/7 05:57:49
- 暂无回复