Original Summary

Hi all, I'm the developer of Besly, so this is self-promo with full disclosure. The problem I wanted to fix: calorie apps make you search. "Chicken" returns 40 chickens, then you guess grams, then you do it again for the rice. Most people quit at that step, not because of willpower. What I tried: Besly starts from a sentence. You say "Chipotle chicken burrito bowl with guac and a Diet Coke" and it logs the meal with portions. Under the hood it's a tool-calling agent that searches a food database on the phone and a catalog of chain-restaurant items taken line by line from the official nutrition PDFs, instead of letting the model guess calories. What I learned: My first prompt passed my own test sentences and failed real ones. I now keep an eval set of real user sentences and run it before every prompt change. Restaurant food was the biggest gap in every app review I read, so I spent weeks on 28 US chains. Portions were the hard part: "1 serving" of pizza is a fraction of the pie, not a slice. Voice alone isn't a moat anymore. Several apps have it now. What people kept asking for was "tell me what to eat next", so there's a voice coach that answers from your own logs. Where it is honestly: iOS only, brand new in the US (3 ratings so far), free tier for logging, premium with a free trial. Premium has the parts I'm most proud of: a live AI chef that talks you through recipes hands-free, and an AI coach that answers from your own logs. If you try them and send me feedback, I'd be really grateful. For r/SideProject : 2 months of Premium free with code SIDEPROJECT. It does not auto-renew, so nothing gets charged when it ends: https://apps.apple.com/redeem?ctx=offercodes&id=6762404960&code=SIDEPROJECT I'd love blunt feedback on two things: does talking feel faster than searching for you, and where would you drop off in the first minute? App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/id6762404960?pt=128578299&ct=rd_sideproject   submitted by   /u/tesla154 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:技术学习与提效
  • 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/7 05:40:16