Original Summary

One of the annoying things about YouTube is that it is really good at catching my attention, but I have little control over what kind of feed it can show me, so it becomes distracting instead. I don&#x27;t want to hide recommendations entirely though, I just don&#x27;t want all my interests mixed into one feed.<p>So I wondered if I could have separate YouTube profiles for different interests, but make creating one as simple as picking a few topics instead of having to create or connect another Google account.<p>So I built Gretel, a desktop app. It uses YT.js to access YouTube, and it runs locally so the requests come from my own machine rather than a server.<p>I create profiles, each with their own topics. Gretel then searches YouTube for the topics, collects candidate videos, and creates an embedding that is used to filter videos later on.<p>From the candidate videos, Gretel fetches related videos and continuously expands outward while filtering unrelated videos. This creates the base feed. After that, as I watch videos, the topic embeddings are continuously updated, and at the same time Gretel persists the YouTube sessions so the recommendations adapt as well.<p>I have been working on Gretel on and off for a while. It&#x27;s beta: usable but still rough. I am curious if, after using a profile for a while, the feed actually starts converging toward what you wanted. Bug reports and contributions are welcome too.<p>You can sign in with Google to use the included embedding credits, or bring your own OpenRouter key. Other providers and local embedding models are coming.


  • 情报分类:综合情报
  • 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/7 03:04:55