I built a private finance app for my household because every Canadian option wanted my bank password
- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Short version of the story: Mint died, I tried going back to spreadsheets, lasted about a month. YNAB felt like paying rent on my own data. And every aggregator-style app wanted my online banking login — which my bank's own terms tell me not to share. So last week I started building FinVault: a self-hosted household finance app that's import-only by design. You download your statement from the bank's website (the QFX/CSV/PDF export you already have), upload it, and sort everything with one click. Nothing ever connects to a bank. There's no cloud, no account with me — it runs on your own machine and the data never leaves it. It's deliberately built around how Canadians bank: TFSA/RRSP/FHSA contribution room, tax-time summaries, French UI, and it refuses to sync directly with Canadian banks even if you ask it to. Plus the normal stuff — budgets, bills, splits, net worth, investments, encrypted backups — and a one-click importer if you're fleeing YNAB, Actual Budget, Mint, or Monarch. It's very much a week-old side project: works, has rough edges, and I keep finding banks with cursed CSV formats. If you've self-hosted your finances (or bounced off trying), I'd love to hear what your setup looks like and what's missing. https://finvaultapp.github.io/finvault · code: https://github.com/finvaultapp/finvault   submitted by   /u/Ok-Recording-6753 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/6 16:46:26
- 暂无回复