Original Summary

What if the app you’ve spent months building is something no one actually wants? So many great apps are being launched every day, but only a small percentage will actually succeed. How do you know when it’s time to let go of an app and move on? And is there even such a thing as a type of app that is almost guaranteed to succeed? I’ve been spending a lot of time building an app that I genuinely believe in. I like the way it looks, the way it feels, and, most importantly, the problem it is trying to solve. But the difficult part is knowing whether other people see what I see and recognize its full potential, especially when it’s still in the very early stages. You can keep building, improving, and pushing forward for months, only to eventually realize that what you thought was a great product may simply be something people don’t care enough about. The AI boom makes this even harder. Building software has become significantly easier and faster. Sometimes you start wondering whether all the time you spent building something was worth it when someone else could potentially build something similar in a weekend or a month and, in some cases, build it even better. For those who have built successful apps, I’d genuinely like to hear about your experience. Did you build several products that failed before finding the one that worked? How did you know when to stop working on one idea and commit fully to another? What made you keep going when you weren’t seeing immediate traction? Most importantly, what framework or signals did you use to determine whether a product had real potential versus simply being something you personally loved building?   submitted by   /u/ptb0422 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/6 13:00:00