- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
I’ve been working in backup and storage for 9+ years, mostly with Commvault, Cohesity and Isilon, and I keep seeing the same problem. A backup job can show as “successful”, but when someone asks, “Can you prove the restore actually works?”, the answer isn’t always easy. Restore testing is often manual, not done regularly, and the immutable/offsite copies can be especially difficult to test. The results also aren’t always documented in a way that’s useful for audits. I’m thinking about building a vendor-neutral tool that could: - Run scheduled restore tests - Check whether the restore meets the expected RTO/RPO - Keep the results as evidence - Generate simple reports for auditors, customers or internal teams Before I spend time building it, I’d like to hear from people who actually deal with this. Is this a real problem for you, or more of a nice-to-have? How are you handling restore testing today? What would a tool like this need to do for you to actually pay for it? Roughly what would you consider a reasonable price? And if you think it’s a bad idea, feel free to say so. I’d rather find that out now than after building it.   submitted by   /u/Afraid_Butterfly_270 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
- 发布时间:2026/10/6 10:30:50
- 暂无回复