Original Summary

I'm a solo dev with a Chrome extension (Quiet) that hides parts of YouTube. The problem with anything that touches someone else's page is that it breaks the day they redesign. Chrome Web Store review takes days, so I made the page selectors updatable from a file on my server. The extension fetches it and checks it before use, and a bad update gets refused, so a typo on my side can't break everyone's YouTube. One command publishes a fix or rolls it back. The part I didn't expect to need: a guard against a file that is valid but wrong, such as a good selector on the wrong category. Safe-but-wrong is a more likely failure than malicious. Anyone else shipping against a page they don't control? How do you handle breakage between releases? Free, no account: https://www.letsgetquiet.com (I'm the developer)   submitted by   /u/No_Wishbone_2754 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:综合情报
  • 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/6 09:38:48