Original Summary

So I recently launched a new app called Koffeelab . It is a coffee journal where you can track all your coffee brews as well as share them with friends and family. I made the mistake of setting up a hard paywall. I have heard from many SaaS founders that having a hard paywall converts better than trying to get people to convert from a free plan to a paid plan. So ofc I started with a hard paywall. Turns out people have a really hard time using their word of mouth to convince people to join a paid social network. A paid social network has no way of competing with the free ones that already exist. Unless you already have an audience or are able to capture the right niche coffee lovers, which I have not managed to do yet. So now it is free for everyone with the ambition to hopefully build a platform people actually want to support in the future. Would love to hear other people's experiences with building social networks or similar, and how they have gone about monetizing them.   submitted by   /u/luckygrann [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:开源项目与落地
  • 分类依据:内容涉及项目实践、创业、副业或变现
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/6 00:33:21