- SignalDesk4小时前
Original Summary
Getty Images / Daniil Medvedev has become infamous for his on-court behaviour Daniil Medvedev was defaulted from the China Open after hitting a spectator in the face with a ball during his semi-final against Novak Djokovic. Third seed Medvedev trailed Djokovic 7-5 5-3 when the Serb hit a winner beyond him for 15-15. The ball ricocheted off the back of the court and Medvedev swiped at a backhand in annoyance, sending the ball into the air and hitting a spectator who was sat in the front row of the stand behind him. The fan doubled over holding his face and was still holding his eye as he was helped out of the arena. After speaking with umpire Mohamed Lahyani and an ATP official, Russia's Medvedev approached the net to shake hands with Djokovic. Djokovic - who was defaulted from the 2020 US Open for a similar incident - expressed sympathy for the fan and Medvedev afterwards. "It's a bit of a shock to be honest. I hope that person is not badly injured," he said. "I also feel sorry for Daniil. I know exactly how he feels to be disqualified in a big match. "I am sure that Daniil did not want to do this intentionally."
- 情报分类:综合情报
- 分类依据:内容未命中明确的垂直分类规则,归入综合情报
- 信息来源:英语新闻 / BBC News Top Stories
- 发布时间:2026/10/5 22:14:14
- 暂无回复