Original Summary

Hey everyone, I wanted to share my journey and hopefully get some guidance, feedback, or even connect with someone who knows the marketing and growth side of things better than I do. My Background & Journey I come from an engineering background, and a while back, I decided to pivot into Android app development. I started building apps independently—handling everything from the logic and architecture to the UI. So far, I’ve launched two apps under my own indie developer banner: App 1 (My first release): This is a more mature project. Even though it was my first, it has performed surprisingly well on the user satisfaction front: Downloads: Around 300 total. Ratings: 23 ratings, averaging a 4.9/5 (mostly 5-stars and a few 4.9s). Monetization: It has managed to secure 20 paid users, making about $20 so far. Takeaway: The product quality and user reception seem to be there, proving there's real value, but the volume is just too low. App 2 (My newer release): This one is currently in its early, growing stages, built with better performance and architectural lessons learned from the first. The Problem: The Growth Wall As an engineer, building the app, optimizing performance, and squashing bugs is the easy part for me. But marketing, distribution, and organic reach have turned into a brick wall. I’ve tried a bunch of things to get traction: Running some ads. Posting across various online platforms and communities. Optimizing store listings. Despite all this, the needle barely moves. Views and sustained reach are extremely low, and I feel like I'm shouting into an empty void. What I’m Looking For I’m at a point where I realize I can’t wear every hat effectively. I'm looking for: Advice & Critique: Has anyone been in this exact spot? What low-cost or organic growth strategies actually worked for you after launching? A Growth Partner / Mentor: If anyone with a knack for marketing, growth hacking, or community building is interested in teaming up or exchanging ideas, I’d love to chat. I'm not here to drop links or spam my apps—I genuinely want to learn how to scale what I've built or find someone who wants to collaborate on the growth side. Any insights or brutal honesty would be hugely appreciated.   submitted by   /u/Material_Flower4557 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/5 19:47:41