- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
So I've got this 8x 3090 box in my closet running vLLM, and the people in my house were still pasting personal stuff into ChatGPT. Not because they care about privacy, they just don't care, lol. The tools I already ran were the problem: Open WebUI is too many knobs for someone who just wants to chat, and LibreChat wants you to deploy and wire up STT/TTS/search services yourself with separate config guides. So I built OvertChat. And yes, a lot of it is vibecoded (Claude Code/Codex did the heavy lifting), but I wrote real chunks of it myself and I personally reviewed the architecture. It's been in daily use by my household for months, not a weekend demo. MIT licensed, no telemetry, repo's public if you want to judge the code yourself. The whole pitch: if you self-host a model for yourself, this is how you share it with people around you. Add accounts for family/friends, send them the link, they get their own chats and projects. They don't need to know what an inference endpoint is. Same server works everywhere too: web , Android , iOS , desktop , so nobody's stuck on a tiny screen. Bundled Parakeet STT, Kokoro TTS, SearXNG search. The installer connects them for you, so dictation/voice/web search work with literally zero API keys Two-way voice in the browser: talk, interrupt mid-answer, transcript saved One command: curl -fsSL https://overtchat.com/install | sh . The wizard handles Docker, secrets, config. No .env editing Repo: https://github.com/yoloyash/overtchat Site: https://overtchat.com If you've got people around you who want to try your local models, this is the low-effort way to hand it to them. Feedback welcome, especially from folks who've tried (and failed lol) to get household members onto self-hosted stuff.   submitted by   /u/anitamaxwynnn69 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/5 17:19:39
- 暂无回复