- SignalDesk2小时前
Original Summary
I wanted a head-controlled pointer for my Mac that I could tune myself, so I built OpenHeadPointer . It's a small menu-bar app that moves the cursor from your head movement, using the webcam you already have. (VIDEO: an illustration of how it behaves, not a recording of the app.) What it does The pointer is speed-sensitive, like mouse acceleration. Move slowly for fine control and quickly to cross the screen. Small drift from breathing and sway is ignored. Long blink to click. A slider sets how long you hold the blink, so normal blinks don't click. Blink three times quickly to re-centre. ⌃⌥⌘G toggles control on and off. It pauses when you use the mouse. Privacy: everything runs on your Mac and it makes no network calls. Video is never stored or sent. Honest limitations: it's an early prototype that I've only tested on my own Mac and camera. It needs macOS 15+ and an Apple Silicon Mac. It works best with even lighting. It isn't notarized, so the first launch needs right-click → Open. How it was made: I wrote it with Claude (Claude Code) doing much of the coding, and I tested and tuned it on my own machine. The code is plain Swift with no third-party dependencies, so you can read it yourself. Download: https://github.com/tholtman1-del/OpenHeadPointer/releases/tag/v0.1.0 Source (MIT): https://github.com/tholtman1-del/OpenHeadPointer Feedback from other setups would help a lot. There are issue templates in the repo.   submitted by   /u/Bill_Buffet [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:技术学习与提效
- 分类依据:内容涉及技术、AI、软件工具或工程实践
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/5 14:23:39
- 暂无回复