- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I built a tiny 3D squishy playground — it became much more technical than I expected I started this as a very small side project: I wanted a cute object in the browser that you could actually grab, press and deform. No real product idea behind it. I mostly wanted to see whether a soft-body toy could feel satisfying directly in a web page. It gradually turned into Squishy Lab . There are now 10 different squishies, custom faces and finishes, personal messages, pressure-responsive sounds, PNG export and an optional AI material editor. The part that consumed most of the work was the deformation itself. Under the cute surface there’s a small XPBD soft-body simulation running on a 216-particle / 750-tetrahedron cage, with a 5,402-vertex Three.js surface following it at runtime. The AI part is intentionally limited: it can modify things like color, softness, firmness and recovery, but it never generates executable code, meshes or shaders. The actual squishing remains local and deterministic. The whole thing is free and open source. Try it: https://squishy-lab-phi.vercel.app/ Source: https://github.com/Daniele-Cangi/squishy-lab At this point I’m curious how people actually perceive it. Does it feel more like a tiny web toy, a digital stress toy, or something that could become a small creative/customization tool? Any feedback is welcome, especially on the first 30 seconds of using it.   submitted by   /u/Ill-Button-1680 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/5 06:23:16
- 暂无回复