- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
Four months ago I launched a speaking confidence app called Magnetic. It has made about $4,000, and I've more or less stopped working on it. I picked the idea because similar apps were making money, not because I cared about the problem. I posted simple shorts where I act surprised and use a text hook like “25 years of fearing public speaking, and now I find this??” In the beginning, 2/3 went viral at the same time; I generated 3 million views in one month, and on my best day I got 200 downloads. But the more I posted, the more the format stopped working. I then tried new formats, spending hours scrolling Instagram to find the next viral format, but so far I have failed to generate anywhere near the same amount of views. I decided I had enough and listed it on TrustMRR for sale; hopefully someone will buy it and make it more successful. The lesson for me was to build something you care about. Everyone on X says copy what works but the reality is if you don’t love what you build you will quit before it ever becomes successful (if your like me!). So now I am starting a YouTube series where I build my next app fully in public; the app is called SearchTok.app and it solves the exact issue I had with Magnetic - finding viral outliers! I plan on showing everything behind the scenes, and I am nearly done recording my first video. I posted the landing page with a waitlist yesterday :) So if you're building an app, try to make it something you care about! It will make the journey a lot more fun   submitted by   /u/Sea-Inspection-191 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:商业与市场研究
- 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/5 02:45:15
- 暂无回复