Original Summary

Hi HN, I&#x27;m building skins.dev : Most AI tools help you build your own tool from scratch, but usually there&#x27;s already a tool that gets you 80% there. Skins is for the other 20%: you describe what&#x27;s missing in a web app you use, and we handle the rest, whatever it takes: from simple JS scripts and styles up to new backend features (hosted on our Cloudflare-compatible serverless cloud), so your feature can call other APIs and even have its own SQLite database.<p>How it works: go to the page you&#x27;d like to change and press &quot;Record&quot; in the extension. We use the DOM snapshots and network requests to build a replica environment where coding agents can iterate safely. The Chromium extension then injects the changes per site via chrome.userScripts (à la Tampermonkey).<p>I&#x27;m building a library of ready-made templates, inspired by long-open feature requests on SaaS forums (Salesforce, Jira, HubSpot): <a href="https:&#x2F;&#x2F;skins.dev&#x2F;blog&#x2F;" rel="nofollow">https:&#x2F;&#x2F;skins.dev&#x2F;blog&#x2F;</a><p>Currently Chromium only (we&#x27;re working on getting the latest version into the Chrome Web Store). I would love feedback, and curious what you&#x27;d change first in a tool you use daily :)


  • 情报分类:开源项目与落地
  • 分类依据:内容涉及项目实践、创业、副业或变现
  • 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
  • 发布时间:2026/10/5 00:06:53