- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I got recently laid off and wanted to learn and play with tools that are popular today as an exercise. Homebrew has some interesting analytics, but it only provides snapshots, you don't have a feel how the popularity of competing tools and technologies changed over time. So I started to take weekly snapshots of the last 30 days data of both formulas and casks. While I had some initial success with clustering packages based on their descriptions, but so far I wouldn't leave it on autopilot. However it serves as a reasonable basis for manual curation. I'd appreciate ideas on how to improve identifying packages of the same domain. (<a href="https://github.com/greg76/toth" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/greg76/toth</a>) One of the first surprises for me was that how Codex has been gaining momentum for the last two months compared to Claude Code. Also, while I was looking into the data rolling in, the drop of downloads across the board looked suspicious. I have reached out to the homebrew team and they confirmed that 7.0.0 introduced a regression in analytics reporting and with a sameday fix 7.0.6 should be reporting data as before.
中文概览
中文标题: Top of the Hops – Homebrew趋势与比较
Show HN:Top of the Hops是一个展示Homebrew趋势和比较的项目,作者被裁员后开发,用于分析工具流行度变化。
- 情报分类:开源项目与落地
- 分类依据:展示Homebrew趋势比较的项目。
- 信息来源:Hacker News 新项目
- 发布时间:2026/10/4 23:35:04
- 暂无回复