Original Summary

Hey everyone, I've been building Slidivo, a Mac desktop app (Apple Silicon) that turns a document or a short description into a PowerPoint deck. It started because my wife tried a lot of AI slide tools and kept hitting the same wall: the pretty ones export images you can't edit, the editable ones look rough, and nearly all of them want $20–50/month for something she used 1–2 days a month. So I built it around the opposite approach. Real PowerPoint, not screenshots. Text, tables and charts are native objects you click and edit in PowerPoint or Keynote. Only the AI illustrations and cover art are pictures. You approve before it builds. It proposes an outline first. Nothing becomes a slide until you say so. Local by default. Your files stay on your disk. No upload, no Slidivo account. Pay once, not monthly. $49 launch price (list $99), no subscription. You bring your own AI key (or sign in with Claude Pro/Max), so the AI cost goes straight to the provider. The free version does up to 5 slides with no watermark, and there's a 14-day refund. Here's where I need help. I'm a developer, so I honestly can't tell anymore what feels technical. The flow today: Download and open it. It's not signed by Apple yet, so macOS shows a warning the first time. Connect an AI: paste an API key, or sign in with Claude Pro/Max. Drop in a document or describe the deck. Approve the outline. Open the .pptx. Which step would make you give up? My guess is 1 and 2. Does "bring your own API key" scare you off, or is it fine? It's early: macOS Apple Silicon only for now, Windows in progress. I'd genuinely love feedback, especially on where the steps lose you, and on anything you wish AI slide tools did (or didn't do). https://slidivo.com   submitted by   /u/langdon0003 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:商业与市场研究
  • 分类依据:内容涉及商业、投资或市场动态
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
  • 发布时间:2026/10/4 18:27:23