- SignalDesk1小时前
Original Summary
I'm the developer of VoxSpica, an offline speech-to-text app for Windows. It runs on VOSK (Kaldi) on CPU — no cloud, no account, no subscription, no ads, and the audio never leaves the machine. What it does: Live transcription from the microphone — text appears as you speak, with pause and stop Transcribes existing audio files (wav, mp3, m4a, ogg) Searchable local history in SQLite, with playback of the recordings 33 recognition languages, 9 interface languages, works without a GPU Closed source — free to use, no redistribution. Everything public about it lives in one repo: https://github.com/alex37529/voxspica Two practical things: recognition models (50 MB to 1.8 GB) download separately after install — the per-language installers bundle a small model, the portable zip needs one download. And it's not code-signed, so Windows will warn on first launch: "More info" → "Run anyway". Windows x64, single .exe, nothing to install: https://github.com/alex37529/voxspica/releases I'd rather ask than guess what to build next. Three questions I'm genuinely stuck on: What breaks for you that I haven't thought of? "Punctuation is wrong" is known and honestly only heuristically fixable without a neural model. Something I haven't heard of is what I want. Does anything about the offline part actually get in your way in practice, or is it a non-issue in 2026? Would you use a Windows app at all if your audio can't be sent to a cloud service — or is that a solved problem for you and I'm preaching to the choir? And the main thing I want to know — what do you actually use speech-to-text for? Reply with a number, or "none of these" plus what you actually do: Meeting notes / minutes Lectures, classes, interviews Dictating into other apps (mail, messengers) Personal notes, journaling Subtitles / transcribing video for content Professional dictation (medical, legal)   submitted by   /u/UsefulAd5349 [link]   [comments]
- 情报分类:工作与职业机会
- 分类依据:内容涉及招聘、求职或职业发展
- 信息来源:Reddit · SideProject
- 发布时间:2026/10/4 18:10:25
- 暂无回复