Original Summary

I'm a solo developer. A few weeks ago my first app, Swapadu, went to production on Google Play. It helps couples, flatmates and neighbours share chores and favours without money. One person asks for a task and offers one in return, the other can counter-offer, and points only move once the other side confirms the work was done. It's not a classic SaaS (it's free, with an occasional ad between screens), but the lessons from getting it shipped apply to anyone launching alone, so here they are: A personal developer account has to pass closed testing first. You need 12 testers opted in for 14 days in a row before you can even apply for production. Plan for this from day one. Recruiting testers took me longer than building half the features did. Publishing while a review is in progress cancels the review. One day I pushed five builds in three hours. Three of them cancelled the one queued before them, and my own phone sat four versions behind. Now I collect fixes and publish once per review cycle (reviews take about 15 to 40 minutes). Never hand testers a locally built APK. Play App Signing re-signs your bundle with Google's key. A local APK carries your upload key, and Android won't update across a signature change. That device silently drops out of Play auto-updates until it uninstalls and reinstalls from Play. Translating the store listing is cheap. Translating the app properly is not. Swapadu now ships in 16 languages, most recently Korean and Filipino. The strings were the easy part. The real work was the in-app FAQ, the notifications sent from the server, an online guide, and plenty of small surprises. Example: Android reports a Filipino phone as fil, not tl. Ask for ratings at the moment of success, not on launch. I show Google's in-app review prompt only after someone's third confirmed swap, and at most once every 90 days. Asking right after a good outcome feels natural. Asking on app open feels like nagging. Your store listing is a landing page. Treat it like one. My listing conversion was weak. Looking at it honestly, the listing described features without saying what problem the app solves. I'm rewriting the listing and the user guide to lead with "fair sharing without keeping score in your head" instead of a feature list. What I'd love feedback on: how do you position a product that solves an emotional problem ("I always do more than you") rather than a business one? Do you lead with the pain or with the mechanics? Happy to answer questions about Play Console, localization or the closed-testing grind.   submitted by   /u/icarus-Bato5557 [link]   [comments]


  • 情报分类:开源项目与落地
  • 分类依据:内容涉及项目实践、创业、副业或变现
  • 信息来源:Reddit · SaaS
  • 发布时间:2026/10/4 15:57:37